FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Maricopa County Supervisor Steve Chucri
Announces Re-Election Campaign
MESA (September 15) – Steve Chucri, chairman of the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, today filed for re-election to a second term in District 2. Throughout his first term, Chucri has kept the commitments he made on the campaign trail, including improving government communication, fiscal reforms and applying best-in-class business principles to government, as well as providing conservative leadership and transparency. He has produced real results by cutting through government bureaucracy and red tape.
“Over my first term, I’ve applied private-sector principles and conservative leadership to Maricopa County and we’ve seen success and benefits for the taxpayer,” Chucri said. “I’ve maintained open lines of communication – whether with constituents, the business community or other municipal entities – and provided proactive and taxpayer-centered services that saved dollars and time. I look forward to getting back on the campaign trail to hear more ideas about how I can better serve Maricopa County residents in my next term.”
Some of Chucri’s first-term accomplishments include:
- Process improvements at all departments to enhance the customer service experience at the county, including: reducing a 43-page dust permit application to seven pages, and putting it online for easier accessibility; and streamlining zoning regulations that support private property rights.
- Improved communication between governments that activated partnerships for flood control and transportation projects, STEM programs at libraries, enhancements to Arizona 211 program and the Marc Center.
- Implemented county-level personnel reform, reduced employee merit protections and eliminated outdated policies.
- Made board meetings available online.
- Focused county budgets to reflect needs, not wants.
“My record of service will serve as the foundation for my next term,” Chucri said. “I’ve seen firsthand the need for fresh, business-minded perspectives in local government, and there’s so much more we can, and will, do to make sure Maricopa County continues to be one of the best run counties in the country.”
About Steve Chucri:
Steve Chucri is a native Arizonan who was born and raised in Mesa, but his family’s Arizona roots started in the mining town of Morenci. His family taught him the values of faith and trust, essential elements to running an honest and transparent business. In addition to serving on the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, he is also President and CEO of the Arizona Restaurant Association, the key voice for the $11.5 billion restaurant industry in Arizona. Representing restaurants on a multitude of industry issues while maintaining small business success has proven to be one of his top strengths. Chucri resides in Paradise Valley with his wife of 16 years, Christine, and their two young sons.
View the release here.
# # #